Jennifer "Jen" Hartley, is a Nationally Certified Massage Therapist and Burn Scar Massage Therapy CEU provider. Jen graduated from Augusta School of Massage, Inc. in Augusta, GA in 2004. She was voted "Most Inspirational Student" by her classmates. Jen went on to work at two prominent massage schools in the Augusta area; her alma mater, Augusta School of Massage as their Student Advisor/Clinic Director. Later, she accepted the position of Clinic Director at Georgia Academy of Massage.
Christina "Chris" Hallwas was the class valedictorian in 2005 at Georgia Academy of Massage. She actually graduated with the highest G.P.A the school had ever produced. Chris began honing her skills immediately teaming with Jen to work major sporting events such as the Master's Week Golf Tournament . Jen and Chris also built a business working backstage at concerts for some of the biggest acts in the business. Acts ranging from gospel superstar, Kirk Franklin to idie stars The Goo Goo Dolls and Colbie Calliet to countries hottest acts, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Easton Corbin and Steel Magnolias.
However, their passion is Burn Scar Massage Therapy. Both Jen and Chris are survivors of burn injuries. Jen was severely scalded by hot water when she was 15 months old and Chris was hit by a drunk driver and was burned by the chemicals in the original airbags. Despite their injuries, the two women flourished and together created their Burn Scar Massage Therapy Protocol. This class is offered in three exciting variations:
- BSMT for massage therapist. This class has a heavy focus on burn pathophysiology, burn types, scar types and burn rehabilitation and how burn scar massage therapy can aid in the recovery process. Burn Scar Massage Therapy also teaches the emotional aspects and recovery of being a burn survivor. The fear of touch and how burn scar massage therapy can begin the road to mental wellness.
- BSMT for burn unit staff. The primary focus on this class is on massage techniques and procedures. Each massage modality is gone over to enable the burn unit staff to feel more comfortable with massaging their patients.
- BSMT for the family members/caregivers. This class is a combination of the prior two class, broken down into layman's terms that the family can understand. BSMT for the family members gives the burn survivor and their family members a chance to bond through the healing process and it also teaches a burn survivor that they are not a "monster" or "untouchable" In turn it let the family provide hands on treatment and a way for them to show their burn survivor that they are nor repulsed or scared of them.
Along with Burn Scar Massage Therapy, one or both therapists are trained in the following modalities:
- Neuromuscular/Trigger Point
- Myofascial Release
- Japanses Restorative Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Pregnancy massage
Massage parties are also available for girl's days, bridal showers, ect.
Chris and Jen are outcall therapists, providing massage at your home or place of business in the SoCal areas of Los Angeles county, Lancaster and Palmdale. Long beach and other areas included as longs as there are at least 3 people wanting a massage.
Chris and I have had the blessed opportunity to travel to Managua Nicaragua in 2008 and train 9 physical therapist from 3 different hospitals in Burn Scar Massage Therapy. The training was held at the APROQUEN Childrens Burn unit. We were asked back in 2010 where we also established a music therapy program at APROQUEN. Our work in Nicaragua was featured in the Jan/Feb 2011 Issue of Massage & Bodywork Magazine. Our story, "Music as Medicine for Burn Survivors" begins on page 68:
We also taught BSMT at the Children of Fire Organization in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2011.
Pricing varies by distance...and at least 24hr appointment call requested
60 min outcall massage starting at $40.00
90 min outcall massage starting at $60.00
Spa Parties include:
- aromatherapy foot soak with exfoliating scrub and foot massage
- 30 min massage